Mobile application development tutorial in Java
Sungmoon Cho, Alyona Stashkova
Mobile embedded applications are employed in small embedded devices such as industrial metering devices, vending machines, security systems, modems, home electronics devices, and similar devices with either simple or no display and with some limited network connectivity. This example shows you how to develop a new Java ME embedded project in the NetBeans IDE using the Oracle Java Micro Edition Embedded platform that includes support for JSR 228, the Information Module Profile-Next Generation API (IMP-NG). It will also explain how to debug and profile your own IMlet using NetBeans support for Oracle Java ME Embedded.
To complete this tutorial, you need the following software and resources:
Important: This tutorial runs on Win32 compatible platforms only.
Installing Oracle Java ME Embedded
- install Oracle Java ME SDK
- activate the Java ME feature in the NetBeans IDE
- install the Oracle Java ME Embedded platform in the NetBeans IDE
To install Oracle Java ME SDK:
- Click the Accept License Agreement option.
- Download an Oracle Java ME SDK installer file (for example, oracle-jmesdk-3-4-rr-win32-bin.exe) and save it to any location on your computer.
- Double-click the installer file to run the installer, and follow the instructions.
When the installation is complete, the Java (TM) ME Platform SDK Device Manager icon appears in the Windows system tray.
- Choose Tools > Plugins from the main IDE's toolbar.
- In the Plugins dialog box, click the Installed tab and select Java ME in the list of available features.
- Click Activate.
- At the Welcome panel of the Installer dialog box, click Activate.
- When the activation is successfully completed, click Finish.
- Click Close to close the Plugins dialog box.
To install the Oracle Java ME Embedded platform:
- Choose Tools > Java Platforms.
The Java Platform Manager dialog box displays.
- Click Add Platform.
- In the Select Platform Type of the Add Java Platform wizard, select Java ME CLDC Platform Emulator and click Next.
The IDE displays the Choose directory to search for platforms dialog box.
- Select the directory you installed the Java ME SDK Platform to (for example, C:\Java_ME_Platform_SDK_3.2) and click Open.
- In the Platform Folders panel of the Add Java Platform wizard, ensure the platform you selected in the previous step is chosen and click Next.
- As soon as the IDE detects the platform, click Finish in the Detected Platforms panel of the the Add Java Platform wizard. The Oracle Java ME Platform is now registered in the Netbeans IDE.
- In the Java Platform Manager dialog box, click Close.
Now your NetBeans IDE is set up for mobile development.
Creating an Embedded Project
Creating a new project is your first step in developing a new Java ME Embedded application with the NetBeans IDE.
scrubs vending machine
You might also like
WebView Exploit Can Make Calls From Your Phone — VPN Creative
Clicking on his link in Messenger immediately initiated a telephone call without warning; according to Neculaesei, this was a sign that Facebook mobile developers likely did not read Apple's URL Scheme documentation.
Where might one find guidelines for Mobile Web Development?
There are plenty of places online which where you could find some great information on guidelines for Mobile Web Development. This includes the site Webcredible.