Platform mobile application development
1- iPhone Applications
2- iPad Applications
3- Android Applications
4- BlackBerry Applications
5- Windows Applications
6- Symbion Applications
As all of these platforms need different app to work so native mobile app development is a difficult work for app development companies. That is why cross platform mobile development is preferred by many developers.
Benefits of Cross Platform Mobile App Development
Look at the benefits of cross platform development that are listed below:
1- In cross platform it is possible to make such an app that can run on all platforms with little efforts.
2- Cross platform development is cheaper than native development.
3- It is easy to handle because it mainly works with HTML5.
4- Cross platform development may help in decreasing the time of app development.
Frameworks of Cross Platform Mobile Development
There are about 50+ frameworks which work in cross app development. DON’T worry i am not going to explain all these fifty plus frameworks. I will explain and compare only top 5 frameworks.
1- PhoneGap / Apache Cordova
- Cordova is free and an open source so no one has to pay for it, developers can easily write apps without any investment.
- Cordova apps install just like a native app and also it is discoverable in app store.
- Cordova app will give Leverage from tons of libraries.
- PhoneGap or Cordova will also enable you to receive or send payments through the app store.
- Cordova / PhoneGap is free so there is no guarantee for success in it
- If the app has many graphics then there is a major problem which is performance of the app.
- You have to find its plugins according to your app and if you are unable to find then you have to write the plugin yourself.
- There is no information about the usage of interface.
2- Appcelerator Titanium
Appcelerator Titanium is also a cross platform mobiles apps development framework. According to Appcelerator Titanium’s website that they have 5000 device and mobile operating system API’s that able to create native applications.
- In order to stream an audio clip in the app normally the developer has to write about 50-500 lines but in Appcelerator one can do this in a single line.
- It provides app analytics and marketplace for the third party. Appcelerator Titanium mobile SDK has its own IDE.
- It’s community is growing rapidly.
Appcelerator Titanium has advantages but it has also some disadvantages.
- The targeted platform SDK’s are locally managed by the developers. And for managing the SDK’s locally your team has to establish a controlled build environment, especially if you want to target multiple platforms.
- Increasing complexity day by day.
- It does not have good flexibility. At start you will love the API of Appcelerator Titanium but sooner you will face bugs and errors.
You might also like
8 app features you need, when optimising for the mobile web PT.2 — WhaTech
Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.
Find the Mouse! - Kids Game
Mobile Application (TinyTap)
What are the most popular mobile app development community sites?
1.) Simplicity of the conceptual model
2.) The developer tools that come with the platform
I had never been charmed by a platform, then I met iOS. I get little butterflies when I program on it. Its like the Notebook. It uses such a simple MVC paradigm for development that gives you a real nice set of rails to develop you app along. Further, the development tools available for iOS, namely XCode, are top notch. Its a beautiful IDE, and its Interface Builder is extremely powerful, and simple to use.
Android on the other hand leaves a bad taste in my mouth, namely the conceptual model for An…